How to Crack SBI PO 2023: Tips & Tricks For Exam
How to Crack SBI PO on First Attempt: The State Bank of India will soon release the SBI PO Recruitment 2023 Notice on its official website, sbi.co.in. Details of SBI vacancies will also be announced along with the notification. The selection process will go through 3 phases, Prelims, Mains, and interviews. Candidates are often confused and ask how to hack SBI PO on the first try. The competition is relatively high with thousands of candidates appearing for the exam every year, and they need an expert strategy to prepare for SBI PO. If you are serious about exam preparation and are looking for 20 simple tips to pass bank exams on the first try, read this article at the end of the page.
With Embibe, you can step up your preparation step by step by opting for advanced feedback analysis. This will help you in improving your time management as well as other test-taking skills. That way you can work on them and improve. We hope that the detailed article on how to crack SBI PO in the first attempt helps you. If you have any queries or doubts regarding cracking SBI PO in the first attempt, ping us in the comment section below. We will answer all your questions as soon as possible.
You Can Check: How To Crack LIC AAO.
Expert Strategy For SBI Preparation: An Overview
- Before we get into the details on how to hack SBI PO on the first try, or Tips & Tricks to hack the IBPS PO test on the first try, let’s have a quick look at the test.
- Now that you have an idea about the exam, let’s get into the detailed study plan on how to hack SBI PO on the first try.
How To Crack PO SBI at First Try: Important FAQ
Let’s take a look at important FAQs answered by a lot of candidates:
Q1: Can I Break The Bank Exam on The First Try?
- Answer: Clearing bank exams on the first attempt is not a myth, so many candidates have cracked the exam on their first attempt. To pass the upcoming banking exams on the first try, candidates need a complete preparation strategy that will help them navigate the competition.
Q2: How Can I Prepare SBI PO Without Training?
- Answer: Learn and analyze the syllabus and test pattern. Review previous exam papers and identify your weaknesses and work on them. Give time to study, practice and review. Follow the study plan and preparation strategy mentioned in the article above.
Q3: Where Can I Try Free Mock Tests For SBI PO?
- Answer: You can try the SBI PO Mock Test for free in Embibe.
Q4: When Can I Apply For PO 2023 For The SBI?
- Answer: You can apply for SBI PO 2023 as soon as the notice is issued. You can expect its release in July 2021.
Q5: Is There a Sectional Limit For The SBI PO Exam 2023?
- Answer: As per the new test pattern, SBI has removed the sectional cutoff for both the Preliminary Test and the Main Exam. However, there will be a general cutoff.
Improve Your Test-Taking Skills
Test-taking skills weights the max and candidates just cannot ignore this aspect of preparation. Even if your concepts are clear, you will not be able to convert your knowledge into marks unless you have a proper and effective strategy to take the exam. Two of the most important aspects of a smart test-taking strategy are:
- a) Time management
- b) Question selection
As you can see in the SBI PO exam pattern, you have to answer 100 questions in 1 hour (60 mins) in Prelims and 155 objective questions in 3 hours in Mains. Also, for each of the phases of the exams, the sections are separately timed. So, you need to be quick as Flash to clear this sort of exam. For this, you must master the skill to select the right questions and then answer them within the right amount of time. You must work on them as you practice and take tests. Remember, you shouldn’t try to attempt all the questions. Also, spending too much or too little time on any question is not at all recommended.
Take Mock Tests
Taking SBI PO Mock exams regularly, especially after the completion of the full syllabus, is extremely important.
- a) This will give you an idea of the nature of the questions asked in the exam and then you can prepare accordingly.
- b) Also, you will get to know where you are and how much you will get in the actual exam. You can then work on and improve on the weak concepts. It is very important to analyze your paper after each test and identify your strengths and weaknesses.
- c) Mock exams also help to get used to the stress of taking the exam.
Analysis & Practice Of Previous Year’s Examination Papers
Review the previous year’s SBI PO question papers and analyze the exam strategy followed throughout these years.
- a) Try these papers, check your score, analyze your situation and then start working on your performance.
- b) Sometimes, the aspirant believes that he has sufficient knowledge about a particular subject. But trying to ask questions within a strictly certain time frame is not very easy. It will come with regular practice.
- c) Therefore, practice sheets help you to know the list of topics you need to understand and clear the basics, increase speed and accuracy, and start from scratch.
Schedule A Timetable
Now that you know about the exam pattern and syllabus of the SBI PO exam, you need to create a realistic timetable based on your needs and convenience. This means that you have to allocate time for each section as per your weak areas. Moreover, you must have separate time slots for:
- a) Learning new concepts
- b) Revising old concepts
- c) Solving practice questions
- d) Taking SBI PO mock tests
Learn The Basics
As you will discover, the SBI PO program curriculum is very easy. You will be tempted to start straight away with the practice. But remember that it is always best to start from the basics. Key Concepts are the basic elements of your preparation that will help you not to get caught up in the middle. So, during the time you devote to learning new concepts (for each section), be sure to read and understand the theory behind them as well. For example, refine your English grammar for a particular concept (or concepts), say “subject and verb agreement,” or “direct and indirect speech” during the time allotted to learning new concepts in the English section. Then go through the examples. This will help you to clarify your concepts correctly and then it will be easier to solve the questions.
Train With Commitment
Each time you finish understanding a concept, solve their practice questions within the time allotted to solve the practice questions. Even if a particular concept is very easy, you need to practice it hard until you master the skill of application. Start with the easiest. Then move on to more difficult questions. Mark the questions that you find difficult or incorrect. Review it/practice it later.
Develop Reading & Writing Habits
Read English newspapers and books regularly. This is very important, especially for General Awareness, English, and Descriptive tests for SBI PO Exam. Pay more attention to social, economic, cultural, financial, and banking articles. Take notes on important points and learn the meaning and use of new words. Even for the Computer Competencies section, you need to read a lot.
How to Hack PO SBI on The First Try: Detailed Study Plan
The first thing while preparing for this exam is to go through the entire SBI PO exam pattern. You should have a clear idea of the sections, the number of questions in each section, the time duration, and the grading system for each stage of the SBI PO Prelims and Mains exam. This will be very helpful in your preparation.
PO 2023 for the SBI will be conducted in three phases. You can find details of each stage below:
- SBI PO Prelims: The SBI PO Prelims program consists of three sections (English Language, Numerical Ability, and Reasoning Ability) of 20 minutes each. Each question carries one mark. Moreover, there is a deduction of 0.25 marks for each wrong answer.
- SBI PO Mains: The Prelims stage is qualifying in nature. Candidates who have successfully cleared Prelims will appear for the SBI PO Mains Exam. This stage consists of two parts – objective and descriptive. The objective paper is 200 marks, while the descriptive paper will be 50 marks. The test mode for both sections is online.
- Group Exercises/Interview Test: The shortlisted candidates will then be called for the final interview round. Group exercises and interviews separately constitute 20° and 30° respectively.