How To Crack RRB JE 2023: Easy Tips & Tricks For Exams
How To Crack RRB JE 2023 Preparation: The Railway Recruitment Board is conducting the Junior Engineer Exam to recruit Junior Engineers (JE), Junior Engineers (IT), Depot Materials Controller (DMS), and Chemical and Mineral Associates (CMA). Recruitment takes place once a year, and it is a very competitive test as a large number of candidates appear for the test. Candidates interested in getting a job in railways as junior engineers should prepare in advance for the exams. Candidates must observe the official to get the latest notification from the RRB JE and start the preparation of the RRB JE. The RRB JE 2022 exam dates will be announced soon. The RRB JE exam has two phases of computer-based testing. Applicants must work hard to get a good score on the exam.
You Can Check: How to Crack UPSC Prelims.
RRB JE 2023 Preparation: Selection Process
Before getting into the tips and tricks for preparing an RRB JE, let us understand the process of selecting an RRB JE. The selection of Junior Railway Engineers includes Phase I and II Computer-Based Testing (CBT), Document Verification, and Medical Examination. The first phase of CBT consists of the following sections:
- General intelligence and inference
- public awareness
- general science
The second phase of CBT is divided into the following sections:
- public awareness
- Physics and Chemistry
- Computer basics and application
- Basics of environment and pollution control
- technical capabilities
RRB JE 2023 Preparation: Mathematics
The math section of RRB JE requires your maximum attention. Due to the complex questions posed in this section, you have to prepare for them diligently. You can follow the RRB JE setup tips for this section as shown below:
- First, start preparing by separating difficult and easy topics. This will help you understand where to start.
- Start with the easy topics and finish them as soon as possible. Then go to the hardest.
- Memorize the formulas after you understand what they mean. Practice them regularly.
- Shortcuts and gimmicks never spoil. Forgetting even one of them will cost you the exam.
- Practice an adequate number of questions for each topic. This will help you improve your application skills, problem-solving abilities, and speed.
- While solving practice questions or taking mock tests, analyze your weakest areas and work on them. This way you will be aware of your strongest areas as well.
- Focus on important and complex chapters.
- Make it a habit to review regularly.
RRB JE 2023 Preparation: For General Intelligence and Reasoning
One of the most important sections of the RRB JE Exam is the General Intelligence and Reasoning section. This section records scores and should not be neglected at any cost. If you prepare well for this section, you will surely be able to score decent grades. Follow the RRB JE Preparation guidelines below to prepare for the General Intelligence and Heuristics section:
- Understand the theory behind each topic.
- Always take notes as you prepare for each topic. This will help you with a quick last-minute review.
- Do not go to learn by heart.
- Start with the easy topics, which need common sense and a few analytical skills. Finish it as soon as possible and then move on to the difficult topics.
- Review the solved examples before solving the practice questions. The solved examples are really helpful in understanding the steps involved in solving a particular type of problem.
RRB JE 2023 Preparation: General Science
The Department of General Science requires that you have a good knowledge of subjects such as physics, chemistry, biology, and zoology. But don’t worry because this section is based on the high school level science syllabus i.e. Grade 9 and Grade 10 science syllabus. You can refer to the RRB JE Preparation for General Science Guidelines mentioned below:
- Refer to your NCERT class 9 and class 10 science books and explain your basics for all subjects. You must have a clear understanding of the theory.
- Never refer to multiple subjects at the same time. This will confuse you
- Memorize and practice important formulas, equations, interactions, diagrams, flowcharts, and other important matters. In physics, while preparing for formulas, learn them by deriving them. This will make it easier for you to memorize them.
- Practice questions from each chapter. You can also solve foundation-level science practice questions and take typical science exams on Embibe for free. However, the level of questions in RRB JE will be more difficult than that.
- Solve previous year’s papers to understand the frequency of questions and the weight of different topics.
RRB JE 2023 Preparation: For Public Awareness
The Public Awareness section requires your knowledge of events and issues of national and international importance. It’s an easy section provided you read newspapers and magazines regularly and are aware of what’s going on. Most candidates ignore this section for this reason. Go to the tips listed below to prepare for this section:
Watch the news daily. Watching the news is a better way to absorb and retain necessary information.
- Read newspapers daily. Reading newspapers will help you to stay up to date with current events at the national and international levels.
- Solve quizzes of all kinds.
- Also, refer to your school’s GK books to enhance your general knowledge.
- Don’t limit yourself to one topic. Be open about sports, politics, books, awards, entertainment, etc.
- Do not avoid the basic topics like finance, economics, science, the latest developments in railways, etc.
- Refer to previous year’s papers to get an idea of what type of GK constant is required in the exam and prepare accordingly.
RRB JE Preparation 2023: For Physics and Chemistry
Candidates should take extra care while preparing for this section because the syllabus and level are from the tenth and twelfth levels. Candidates often become too confident in this section and lose their marks very easily. So don’t be overconfident. Refer to basic concepts and practice well. Reading NCERT science books will help you to get a good knowledge of Concepts 10 and 12.
The RRB JE General Science preparation can be done simply by reviewing NCERT notes to gain a solid conceptual knowledge of Physics, Chemistry, and Biology. Here are some other tips to keep in mind as you prepare for the General Science program:
- Make handwritten notes for basic concepts in physics, chemistry, and biology.
- List the hard-to-understand and easy concepts.
- Spend more time and practice difficult subjects to get it.
RRB JE Preparation 2023: For Basics of Computer and Application
Understanding Basic Computer concepts would be easy for a candidate from an engineering background. With the help of good study material, it will be very easy to score more in this section. While preparing for this section, candidates must revise the basic concepts and practice well for practical knowledge.
- Check the list of books that help in getting a good score in this section.
RRB JE Preparation 2023: For Technical Abilities
RRB JE’s technical abilities subjects are different for different engineering branches – Electronic Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Civil Engineering, Instrumentation and Measurement Engineering, Information Technology, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, and Printing Press. So, the preparation will be different for different branches. Follow the RRB JE preparation tips for Technical Abilities to get an idea about how to go about your preparation for this section:
- Clear your basics for every topic.
- Prepare notes for each of the topics you cover. Jot down the important points, formulas, equations, etc., and memorize them.
- Practice a sufficient number of questions to improve your application skills.
- Mark the difficult questions and practice them again later.
- Solve previous year’s papers.
- Have a good knowledge of computers and their working.
- Work on your C, C++, and Java languages.
- Revise regularly.
How to Try RRB Junior Engineer Exam
While completing the RRB Junior Engineer section syllabus and following the preparation instructions, you must also complete the RRB JE Mock exams. The RRB JE Mock Test will give a better idea of the actual test and boost your confidence level. Follow the steps below to try the RRB JE test.
- Go through the whole paper.
- Make a plan about how you will systematically attempt the question.
- Focus on the time and decide which question to try first and which question to leave out.
- If you don’t know an answer, skip the question. Only try questions when you are sure.
- Once you are done with the paperwork, check how much time it takes.
- Start by modifying your answers honestly.
- Review each unanswered question at the end and spend some time if you are confident that it has been resolved.